Our lives are becoming busier everyday and sometimes seems there is never enough hours in the day to exercise, or so we tell ourselves. That is why it is imperative to be smart with your schedule and the methods you use to create an exercise schedule. Implementing these next five strategies will definitely have a positive impact on how you fit exercise into your day:
- Set goals and commit to them: A good goal should scare you a little and excite you a lot! Writing down goals is a proven way to successfully staying on track especially when the going gets tough; this also creates accountability, which will accelerate your success.
- Exercise in the morning: Whether you are a morning person or not, by training in the earlier in the day you will find that your daily productivity will increase significantly, as your brain has been stimulated making you more alert! This also takes away the stress or worry about exercising later in the day, especially if you are a serial procrastinator.
- Find a workout buddy: Another great way to hold yourself accountable and it will make it fun along the way as you track towards your goals. I have found this to be a particularly good strategy if you are tempted just to hit that snooze button, as having to meet someone for exercise or being picked up on the way to the gym will create accountability and urgency.
- Make a schedule and commit to it: One of the most cited reasons to skip a workout goes something like this: “I am just too busy at work today; I haven’t got time to workout.” I call BS! If you unexpectedly had to pick up your child from school and had no back-up plan, how would you deal with the situation? Cancel an internal meeting? Take some work home with you? Do some hard prioritizing? The truth is that when we really need to, we get out of the office at the time that is necessary. Make a schedule, write it down, stick to it, and remind yourself that working out is a priority worth keeping.
- Invest in coaching: If you are the type of person who has a gym membership but is lucky to use it once a week, then investing into your health by receiving some coaching is an option that you need to look into. When working with someone who pushes you to make massive changes…a little switch flicks and it makes you realize that you are being kept accountable for how much progress you make every day.
There’s no doubt that living a healthy lifestyle greatly helps your productivity in the business world and makes you pleasant to be around.