We might be coming to the end of the colder months, but this a favourite winter warmer of ours that should be baked before the weather heats up!
Makes 6 servings
• 1 can of pie apple (if short on time) or 4 pink lady apples peeled, cored and chopped.
• 1 orange (zest and juice)
• 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
• 3⁄4 cup of oats
• 1⁄4 cup of LSAmix
• 2 tablespoons chia sees
• 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
• 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
1. In a saucepan combine the chopped apples, aromatics and orange juice and zest. Bring a simmer and cover until the apples soften.
2. If you are using tinned apples, combine all ingredients in a bowl, then place in a baking dish (20 x 20 cm should do).
3. Combine all crumble ingredients and mix thoroughly then place over the top of the apple mixture.
4. Place in oven until golden brown.
5. Remove and place on either a plate or in a bowl. Add coconut yoghurt topping for cream effect