Searching for some snack inspiration? Look no further than this Pumpkin Bread. It is simple to create and also has great macros to each slice!
Makes 16 Slices
– 3 cups of grated raw pumpkin
– 4 whole eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon of pink salt
– pinch of nutmeg
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil
– 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
– 3 cups of almond meal
– 1 tablespoon of honey or rice malt syrup
– 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds to sprinkle of the top
- Preheat your oven to 15-160 degrees celsius, or 180 degrees if not fan forced.
- Combine all the above ingredients, except the pumpkin seeds, in a large bowl.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper at the base and the sides.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for approximately 1 1/4 hours – check after 45 minutes and test as times may vary depending on your oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest before serving.
Nutritional Value per slice:
Protein: 6.2 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Carbs: 3.4 grams
Sugars: 2.9 grams